Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Paddy's Day

Mom always celebrated St. Patrick's day big in our house. There were green bagels, green mashed potatoes (ok, so those weren't so appetizing), corned beef (no cabbage - thanks Mom) and the ceremonial green beer as well.

In honor of all the Torpeys, McCauleys and other Irish ancestors ... here was our day.

The hoodlums happily donned whatever green they had, including a headband with long green braids from my Mom. I fed them green, shamrock shaped pancakes. They baked sugar cookies with my Irish themed cookie cutters shaped like shamrocks, a pot of gold, and a leprechaun. We played Irish kiddie music all day. I fed them Irish Stew (not a hit, oh well) with Irish Soda Bread. We did not have green beer because I just plain forgot. Next year.

It was a blast. I'll post pictures when we come back from vacation.

I'm sure our celebration will be all the rage in Nepal next year.

Erin Go Bragh!

No comments: