Thursday, January 29, 2009

I Heart Faces!

Yesterday I opened an email from the Community Liaison Officer at the Embassy saying they were looking for "Nepali Faces" for a large frame in the lobby. Bill copied it to me separately and encouraged me to submit a few.


Then ... I saw this wonderful photography website where you enter your work each week and guest judges look them over and choose their favorite each week. (This aspect completely intimidates me but I decided to put on my big girl panties and get over it.)





I completely love and am humbled by my little photography dream begun a year and a half ago.


So ... I took these wonderful faces while taking a walk in the 'hood last October. The theme this week is "Joy". Joy is a word that is easy to depict when you are photographing Nepalis.







Namaste!


Update: I couldn't believe it ... well lookie here! Made my day. Heck, my week:).



14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are both great smiles of joy. Nice work.

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Yeah for big-girl panties!! :)

I'm so glad you decided to join us ~ this is mainly about fun and being inspired and your photos have done that for me!

~Angie
co-founder of I ♥ Faces

Heather said...

Absolutely gorgeous shots!

The Blonde Duck said...

Great pictures!

ParentingPink said...

What great photos! Amazing!

Thanks for stopping by my SITS feature blogger post! I love meeting new bloggers!

Michelle said...

Oh how fun! It's always hard to have someone critique you, but those are really gorgeous pictures. You do lovely work!

Thanks so much for stopping by on my SITS day! This has been so much fun, and I really hope you come back to visit again soon!

April said...

I'm visiting from SITS...Great pics! Have a super day!

mommy4life said...

Came over from SITS! Your pictures are great. They capture such personality!

Heidi said...

I'm so glad you decided to enter the contest, Laurel!! I love the people you capture on film. It gives me a little window into another culture. You have a way of seeing humanity. Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

Anonymous said...

OH wow!! What amazing faces!!!

Heidi said...

Laurel!! Wahoooooo. Congrats on your eighth place finish in the adult category.

Anonymous said...

The joy is in the eyes, don't you think?! Wonderful photo.

April Alcorn said...

Laurel I so love your entries!! BOTH of them!! But that adult shot is just perfection!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!!

Skeller said...

beautiful pics!!!

Hey, try "right clicking" (pc) on the honorable mention picture and doing a "save as" to one of your picture files.