Sunday, December 14, 2008

Breathe.

We are in the midst of the holiday sprint. We have gone to cookie parties, Christmas concerts, gathering after gathering and this week promises a few more. Someone shot off a gun two weeks ago and here we are. And I know, I know that while fun, this is the chaff that is blown away.

We have a house guest we are delighted to have. We have a car full of the church's Angel Tree presents for the children of Nepali inmates. We have Christmas cards waiting to be written. We have gifts waiting to be purchased, wrapped and put under the tree Christmas Eve. We have, we have, we have.

Lord, in the midst of this plenty and this activity let us stop and breathe. Breathe you in so that we may exhale your love and goodness to a broken world and to our own broken souls. May our focus be on the miracle of your loving us enough to come and give true hope. Amen.

3 comments:

Simple Answer said...

Beautiful prayer. Amen.

The Blonde Duck said...

I popped in to say hello! How interesting your blog is!

Megan said...

Just what I needed to hear. It begs me to ask the question, "what am I doing to prepare my heart for Christ during this time?" Thanks for the reminder.